The Red Umbrella Fund is looking for a Coordinator!
Beschrijving van de vacature
The Red Umbrella Fund is looking for a Coordinator!
The Red Umbrella Fund Coordinator is the senior staff member responsible for the day-to-day management of the RedUmbrella Fund secretariat. This includes supervising a team of three Programme Associates and maintaining effective relationswith the host organisation, Mama Cash. The Coordinator leads the organisational planning and budgeting, fundraising, andfunder influencing work, and monitors the Fund’s participatory grantmaking. The Coordinator is directly accountable to theRed Umbrella Fund’s International Steering Committee, which consists of sex worker activists and funders.
Background about the Red Umbrella Fund
The Red Umbrella Fund is the only global grantmaking initiative for and by sex workers. We aim to strengthen and sustain thesex workers’ rights movements through our financial and non-financial support. Our advocacy and communication effortsfocuses on catalysing new funding to support sex workers’ rights movements. www.redumbrellafund.org
The Red Umbrella Fund is coordinated and administered by a small secretariat that is hosted by Mama Cash in Amsterdam,The Netherlands. www.mamacash.org
Key Job Functions
- Support the International Steering Committee (ISC) to be able to effectively take its responsibility to provide strategicdirection and oversight to the Red Umbrella Fund (RUF), set annual grantmaking priorities and select new ProgrammeAdvisory Committee (PAC) and ISC members as needed;
- Implement decisions made by the ISC;
- Supervise a small team of dedicated staff, in line with Red Umbrella Fund's core principles of participation and inclusion;
- Oversee the facilitation and coordination of the PAC, ensuring the Fund’s participatory grantmaking procedures arefollowed;
- Develop an annual Red Umbrella Fund work plan and budget for ISC approval;
- Lead the resource mobilisation work to secure the funds needed for the Red Umbrella Fund to effectively work towards itsstated objectives, including preparing and timely submitting donor proposals and reports and maintaining and buildingnew relations with (potential) funders;
- Maintain effective relations with the administrative host organisation, Mama Cash, in accordance with the hostingagreement, including managing the work relations with the Mama Cash finance, fundraising, and management teams;
- Develop and implement, in collaboration with team members, the ISC and/or external partners as relevant, donorinfluencing plans and represent the Red Umbrella Fund in external communication.
- Promotes the ongoing visibility and leadership of sex worker community members, in all of our diversities.
Lived Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Lived experience in sex work (any form of);
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of sex worker rights, and/or grantmaking, and/or fundraising;
- Experience in (project) management, including supervision of staff or volunteers, developing and managing budgets, andoverseeing expenditures;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in a second or third language is also a plus. Fluency inany of RUF’s other working languages French, Russian, Spanish, or Dutch is considered an added value.
- An understanding of current sex workers’ rights issues and debates and knowledge of key organisations in the internationalsex workers’ rights movement(s);
- Sensitivity and appreciation for diversity in many forms, including in identity, viewpoints, and communication styles;
- A commitment to non-hierarchical organizing models and a willingness to explore models that enable staff to haveparticipatory decision making and varied leadership opportunities. An appreciation for trust and consensus buildingprocesses and a willingness to take direction from the community-led ISC;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, proven experience with bridge-building and working in coalition with a diversegroup of stakeholders, as well as the ability to acknowledge and manage power relations constructively.
- Computer literate, including working with databases.
Are you interested in this position?
Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted online in English, stating the job description through theform at the bottom of this page. All applications and all information provided in the process of this application will be keptstrictly confidential. The deadline for applications is 31 March 2020. Applying for this position only through the onlinevacancy application form on the Mama Cash website: https://www.mamacash.org/en/vacancy-red-umbrella-fund-coordinator
In your letter of motivation please be sure to include: 1) your personal and/or professional experiences in the sex workermovement; 2) your understanding and/or experiences with non-hierarchical organizing structures that enable staff to haveparticipatory decision making and varied leadership opportunities while maintaining effective fulfillment of an organizationsmission; and 3) your experiences with strategic communications with diverse stakeholders and decision makers.
Please note this position will be based at Red Umbrella Fund’s secretariat in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Qualifiedapplicants are encouraged to apply, regardless of where they are based. Candidates who are not currently in possession of anEU work permit will be supported in obtaining a visa and will be reimbursed for travel and relocation. The anticipated startdate will be June 2020.
The Red Umbrella Fund values diversity and welcomes applications from persons of all gender identities and expressions. Weparticularly value the expertise and knowledge of people who have experience in sex work and encourage applications fromthose targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism, and disablism.
What do we offer?
We offer a professional work environment in a small, international and innovative foundation committed to diversity, solidarityand strengthening the sex workers’ rights movements. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam. The monthly salary forthis position depends upon experience and is based on the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement CAO Welzijn scale 11, (min.) €3.259 (max.) €5.061 on full time basis, excluding 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan.
For more information
For more information please contact Coco Jervis, Red Umbrella Fund International Steering Committee member c.jervis@. mamacash.org