Social Media Associate
Beschrijving van de vacature
Social Media Associate
As soon as possible Periode
32 Uur per week
23 oktober 2020 Deadline
Mama Cash is looking for an Social Media Associate for 32 hrs per week. Starting date: as soon as possible.
Mama Cash is seeking a social media enthusiast with a passion for feminism, excellent communications skills in Dutch and English, and graphic design knowhow to grow our online presence and engagement.
You will do the day-to-day management as well as strategic development of our online channels, create visual and written content, and monitor metrics. As Social Media Associate, you will also take care of ongoing updates to the website and support the production of publications, campaigns and events.
Do you believe in the power and potential of social media to inspire action? Are you highly organised, a great planner, and fluent in both Dutch and English? And are you committed to creating a better world for women, girls, trans and intersex people? Then keep reading - you might be just the new team member we’re looking for!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Philanthropic Partnerships & Communications Department
- Manage Mama Cash’s social media accounts in order to increase our online presence (including web care to our followers) and (further) develop and implement the social media strategy of Mama Cash.
- Take ownership of the social media implementation for communications and fundraising campaigns, events and special projects, including web care to followers;
- Monitor and analyses social media metrics on a weekly basis, produce reports with learnings to share with the communications team on a monthly basis; produce other reports as needed;
- Produce visual content for social media, as well as contributing to other online engagement efforts;
- Develop and edit other content in Dutch and English;
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Mama Cash website;
- Contribute to production of materials and tools to increase visibility of Mama Cash and its grantees, such as newsletters, brochures, e-zines and audio-visual materials;
- Serve as the communications liaison for cross-team projects as needed;
- Collaborate with other teams to support their communications objectives by disseminating up to date content on all online channels;
- Collaborate with other teams to gather information and materials to develop current and engaging online content and other communications materials to support Mama Cash’s mission.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and commitment to women’s, girls’, trans people’s and intersex people’s rights and the goals and work of Mama Cash;
- Excellent knowledge of and ongoing knowledge development of online communications, marketing, outreach, community building and fundraising tools platforms, tracking, optimisation and other new developments;
- Excellent writing, editing and proof reading skills in Dutch and English, with keen attention to detail. Bilingual fluency essential;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Problem-solving and good time-management skills; ability to meet deadlines and motivate others to do the same;
- Sensitivity and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and different communication styles in a politically and culturally diverse environment;
- Good understanding of social media KPIs;
- Knowledge and command of content management systems;
- Knowledge of online marketing, including analysis and reporting metrics, fundraising and social networks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Background in Communications and possibly in the areas of Gender Studies or International Cooperation or related field;
- Minimum of four years of experience in managing social media channels, including experience in online marketing and campaiging, working with KPI’s, analysing and reporting metrics, in a non-profit environment;
- Minimum of four years’ experience maintaining websites, working with content management systems and Search Engine Optimisation;
- Experienced in working with Photoshop and InDesign;
- Experience with project management of printed, digital and audiovisual materials.
The position is located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Are you interested in this position?
Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English and stating the job description, through our website form only! Please use this link: https://www.mamacash.org/nl/vacature-social-media-associate
Deadline for application: October 23, 2020
We value the expertise and knowledge of those who have directly experienced injustice and are working to create the change Mama Cash believes in. We particularly welcome applications from those targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism and disablism.
For more information please contact Mijntje van Kemenade, Interim Senior Communications Officer via m.van.kemenade@ mamacash.org
What we offer
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice.
The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 8, (min.) € 2.712 - (max.) € 3.864, 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan.
Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.