Resource Development Coordinator
Beschrijving van de vacature
Wetlands International is a worldwide, not-for-profit organisation with 60 years of experience. Our organisation is a Network made up of 20 offices working in over 100 countries, with outstanding technical staff around the world. Together with many partners, Wetlands International works to safeguard and restore wetlands for people and nature, to reconcile conflicts over water, reduce the risks and impacts of floods and droughts, meet future food needs and tackle climate change.
Wetlands International is looking for a Resource Development Coordinator
The Resource Development Coordinator supports the organisation's efforts to mobilize resources, and tracks and evaluates resource development performance over time. This involves identifying and researching prospects, communicating and advising the Network on resource development, coordinating the fundraising efforts across the organization, and providing practical support to proposal development and submission processes.
The incumbent will report directly to the Director of Resources of Wetlands International.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities for resource development according to the organisational positioning and priorities;
- Communicates opportunities in the Network, and supports offices by conducting background research on donors and providing organizational documents and donor-specific information and guidance;
- Acts as the focal point to coordinate bids/proposal development involving dispersed teams where required
- Oversees the records and maintenance of opportunities, submissions and outcomes thereof in the Professional Services Automation solution (PSA) database;
- Evaluates performance on resource development and provides resource-development inputs to annual reporting and Supervisory Council reports;
- Review and quality assure external communications to partners and donors, as required
- Ensures an appropriate appreciation of public donations
- Delivers training and provides tools to encourage best practice around prospect research, donor cultivation, stewardship in the Network.
- Coordinates bi-weekly resource development meetings with the Management Team and Programme Leadership Team
INSIDE Wetlands International:
CEO, Head of Resources, Director of Operations and Network Development, Heads of Office, Head of Communications and Advocacy, Stream Team Leads/Programme Leadership Team, Communications and Advocacy Team, Supervisory Council/ Board of Association
OUTSIDE Wetlands International:
Partners, donors and other key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will identify with Wetlands International’s mission and vision and have demonstrated experience in resource acquisition for comparable organisations, with an emphasis on institutional fundraising. S/he will have active, current networks in Europe and internationally, will be highly organized and skilled in team coordination, with excellent communication skills.
Essential education and experience
- Relevant education in business development and relationship management.
- At least 5 years of experience of institutional resource development in an internationally operating organisation.
- Experience in working in a knowledge-rich, technical or science-based organization.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a facilitative and service oriented style.
- Working knowledge of relevant IT systems including management information and Customer Relations Management systems or relations database systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with fluency in English.
- Ability to work across cultures.
- Experience in working in an international (environmental) NGO.
- Existing donor and partner networks relevant to Wetlands International.
- Experience in working with different donor communities, such as trusts, foundations, governmental agencies, corporate companies, and relevant EU institutions.
- Proposal writing skills: ability to write clearly and persuasively to a wide range of different target donors and supporters.
- Additional language skills – particularly French, Spanish and / or Dutch.
- Part-time job, 32 hours per week (It’s 36 hours per week for a full-time job in Wetlands International).
- Salary scale 9-10 of Wetlands International (Euro 2.636 – Max.3.489 based on a fulltime contract).
- Contract duration: One year.
- Location: Head Office in Ede- Wageningen, The Netherlands.
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send an application email with "RD Coordinator” as the subject to Jozefa.firstname.lastname@example.org with the below two documents in English:
- a letter of application (no more than 2 pages) stating your motivation for this position and your demonstrated skills and experience for this post,
- your resume /CV (no more than 3 pages, without photos).
Deadline for the application is 31 August 2019. Please note that interesting candidates can be approached before the closing date.