Programme Support Officer
Beschrijving van de vacature
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social, financial & entrepreneurial education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula, for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and specific circumstances, and are implemented by over 300 partner organizations in 100+ countries, reaching 8.6 million children (2018).
Aflatoun programmes inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities, to play games and to solve problems. They learn how to save, how to budget and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their neighbourhoods.
Aflatoun has been recognized globally (Brookings and Harvard) for its high-impact, low-cost model, which has demonstrated to be effective in changing behaviors of its participants across the globe. By using a social franchise model, Aflatoun transfers curricular content, monitoring and evaluation tools, and training capacity to partner organizations, helping them to enhance their existing expertise and to create an efficient learning ecosystem. Aflatoun’s programmes follow an active-learning, participant-centered methodology, which combines social and financial education to transform the lives of their participants, educators, civil society organizations and other NGOs. Aflatoun International has been ranked at the 25th place in the NGO world TOP500 by Global Geneva, a non-profit platform.
Aflatoun has a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
We are now looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Programme Support Officer to join us in our mission.
The Programmes Department is responsible for providing technical assistance for Aflatoun’s network partner organizations. It is composed of 6 Regional Mangers, 2 Project Officers, Director of Programmes and Director of National Policies and Strategies. The Programme Support Officer will be responsible for providing administrative and logistic support to the Programmes Department.
- Assists in capturing and sharing knowledge on the Programmes Department within and across the department
- Keep an up-to-date information on the status of Aflatoun’s partnerships.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the Programmes Department.
- Support in the development of partner contracts, invoices and keep an up to date file on all transactions.
- Conducts web-based research tasks and summarize findings upon request
- Coordinates all communications needs of the Programmes department.
- Organize periodic departmental learning and sharing events.
- Joins key meetings with external stakeholders, write summaries and assist with follow up.
- Processes expenses, invoices and other financial documentation.
- Prepare and maintains the Programmes team annual agenda.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years work experience
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications in English (Knowledge one or more of the following languages is advantageous; Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian)
- Cross-cultural competency to engage with diverse populations
- Strong interpersonal, partnership-building and collaboration skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office 365
- Tech savvy and strong analytical skills.
- Motivated, energized and excited to work for the mission of the organization
- Positive, can-do approach to overall work and challenges
Conditions of Employment
The position is for a fulltime workweek (40 hours). We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross yearly salary range of € 2354 and € 2572 (inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions) - the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
Valid work permit and/or European passport is required in order to be considered for the position.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject: Programme Support Officer. Application, no later than 24 January, 2020. If you have any specific questions on the position please contact the HR Assistant Chitra at firstname.lastname@example.org.