Beschrijving van de vacature
About Save the Children
Every child has the right to grow up happy and carefree. That’s why Save the Children does whatever it takes to improve their lives. Because every child should be able to make their mark on the world, and help build a better future. As the world’s largest independent child’s rights organisation, we give children a healthy start and the chance to learn.
And we protect them from abuse, neglect and danger. How do we do that? With 25.000 local staff in around 120 countries that are fighting for children day in, day out. We help in emergencies, work on long-term and lasting improvements in communities and ensure that children’s voices are heard. We are there where children need us. Even in the most difficult and remote places in the world. Every single day. Unconditionally.
Save the Children is based in The Hague in the Netherlands. The organization consists of the departments of International Programs, Domestic Program, Lobby and Advocacy, Communication, Fundraising, Finance and Control and Internal affairs and currently employs approximately 90 employees.
About the position:
The Programme Manager works together with colleagues in the Program Department and reports to the Development Team Leader within the Programme Department. The Programme Manager works in the office of Save the Children Netherlands in The Hague. This position is temporary due to the sick leave of one our colleagues.
In this position your responsibilities consist of:
- Managing the assigned programme portfolio independently, in close coordination with the Development Team Leader and colleagues within the team. In this case, the portfolio will focus on EU at first but may go beyond to include other donors, such as the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Pro-active or reactive resource mobilisation, relevant to the existing portfolio and within the frameworks of the Program Department's focus agreements.
- Ensuring that all Save the Children Netherlands work processes are followed, and the respective systems are used, for the assigned portfolio.
- Creating and maintaining a strategically relevant network of actors, in the Netherlands and internationally.
- Managing the resources of the assigned part of the programme portfolio, in close coordination with the respective Financial Programme Manager.
- Depending on the background of the candidate, technical support in any of the focus themes of Save the Children Netherlands (Youth Economic Empowerment; Climate Change; SRHR/Child Marriage; Nutrition; and MHPSS) may become part of the package.
- Representation of Save the Children in Consortia may be part of the package.
- Completed academic or higher professional education in a relevant field, or comparable level of work and thinking
- 5 years of work experience relevant to the requirements of the job, of which at least some field experience.
- Experience managing Intpa (previous Devco) grants and writing Intpa/Devco proposals
- Result driven and proactive work attitude, pragmatic and involved
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Commercial and social attitude, entrepreneurial, proactive and innovative.
- Able to work in a dynamic, international environment
- Able to build, maintain a network and represent the organization in an appropriate manner
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and good command of the English language.
- Able to work with modern office automation applications
- Experience/ expertise in any of the Save the Children Netherlands focus themes a pre, particularly in Youth Economic Empowerment or Climate Change.
- An affinity with the vision and mission of Save the Children as well as a proactive attitude, and able to work independently, project-based, and result-oriented.
- Entitled to work in the Netherlands.
We see the added value of diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment. That is why we invite everyone to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religious and/or cultural background, personality and/or other visible and invisible characteristics.
Save the Children has an active safety policy for children and does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This topic is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
Save the Children participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
By applying for a job at Save the Children, you agree that we will obtain standardized references in accordance with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure.
The opportunity to work for millions of children worldwide! You are part of an international network and you enter a period where growth and innovation are paramount. Together with a large group of enthusiastic colleagues you get the opportunity to achieve great results and at the same time develop yourself further.
The position is for 38 hours per week, for a period of 12 months. We offer a salary that fits within the charity sector, classified according to salary scale 10, (minimum EUR 2756,75 and maximum EUR 4430,97 ) based on a 38-hour working week.
Offers are subject to positive references and the submission of a recent Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG)
Information and application:
Save the Children follows the advice of the RIVM regarding the Corona virus. That is why the employees of Save the Children largely work from home. You can continue to apply for our vacancies and continue application procedures. Our job interviews take place via video connections.
For questions about this position, please contact Christel Bultman, Head of the International Programmes Department
Phone: 070 338 44 48
For questions about the application procedure, please contact Sayonara Kartawirja, HR Advisor. Telephone 070 338 4448
You can express your interest in this position no later than 25 June 2021 by filling in the form on our website.
Only applications received via our website are processed.
Save the Children Nederland guarantees you that we will handle your personal data with care. We only use your personal data to process this application. After the application procedure has ended, all data will be destroyed within 4 weeks, unless you give us permission to keep it longer.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.