Programme Development Intern
Beschrijving van de vacature
Aflatoun International offers social and financial education to millions of children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a sustainable future. We create high-quality curricula, for different age groups, which can be contextualised to local needs and specific circumstances, and are implemented by our partners. We work in over 100 countries through a network of more than 200 partner organisations.
The Aflatoun programmes inspire children to discover their talents and develop their abilities, standing up for their rights and those of their communities. They learn how to save, how to budget and how to establish a range of enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities.
Programme Develpment Intern
We have reached an exciting period in our development, and are looking to grow our programme portfolio over the next five years to widen our reach. The Programme Development Intern will be an integral part of the Resource Mobilisation’s Team, preparing targeted research profiles and gathering market intelligence to facilitate the growth of Aflatoun’s income generation potential. The intern will undertake specific projects to grow the portfolio of donor-funded projects in partnership with other members of the team. In addition, s/he will collaborate with grant-making organisations, corporations and governments, to develop effective programmatic approaches to benefit more children and young people across the world.
Key projects to be delivered over the duration of the internship:
- Research and opportunity identification.
- Manage a database of prospects and project opportunities.
- Assist in drafting components of programme development proposals.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A current student or recent graduate in international development, education studies, or business (Masters-level preferred).
- Previous volunteer experience with an NGO and knowledge of the development sector in The Netherlands.
- Ability to work in a small team with motivated, multicultural co-workers.
- Fluency in English and Dutch (oral and written) is indispensable.
- Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications. Experience of working with databases is desirable. Basic knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator is a plus.
- Interns must have a valid student card from a Dutch university and the right to reside in the Netherlands. A volunteer arrangement (also with stipend) is possible where the candidate has completed their studies and has the right to work in the Netherlands.
What We Offer:
- Training and regular supervision, participation in webinars with a focus on professional development for the successful candidate.
- Experience of working in programme and business development in an international NGO environment.
- Monthly stipend depending on the applicant’s education level and hours.
Candidates must have a valid visa for the EU.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) to email@example.com with the subject: Programme Development Intern Application, no later than April 1st, 2018.