Lobby and Policy Advisor
Beschrijving van de vacature
ICCO Cooperation, a global, non-governmental organization, seeks motivated colleagues who
support our mission to end poverty and injustice in developing countries. Are you also
committed to create a world where people can live in dignity and secure their livelihoods? Then
we would like to meet you.
From a coherent theory of change ICCO Cooperation designs, manages and implements
programs for inclusive development with focus on inclusive markets, food and nutrition security
and responsible business. Gender, climate and the rights of marginalized groups are
cross-cutting issues. We offer brokering services for public private partnerships. We’re also
experienced in working with a wide range of financial tools.
Our organization consists of a global office in the Netherlands (Utrecht) and five regional offices
in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are also active in a variety of countries through our
country representatives. Besides that, we have an ICCO USA office in Washington D.C. ICCO
Cooperation has approximately 300 employees worldwide and a turnover of 40M€ in 2017.
For the department Corporate Strategy & External Relations (CSER) at the global office we are
looking for a
Lobby and Policy Advisor (m/f, 32 - 36 hours)
based in Utrecht
The CSER department consists of several functional units that have responsibilities in terms of
program and partnership management, business development, fundraising activities,
communication and monitoring & evaluation.
About the position
The Lobby and Policy Advisor:
- Is responsible for our corporate lobby and advocacy strategy; lobbies towards the Dutch government, political parties, EU and other relevant decision makers for our main program goals;
- Contributes to the implementation of the Civic Engagement Alliance Program (lobby and advocacy program); plays an active role in the lobby in the Netherlands and at international level;
- Contributes to the Lobby Agenda of PerspActive (focusing on youth employability);
- Provides advice to the Executive Board and Regional Offices for lobby and advocacy;
- Manages and develops corporate partnerships of ICCO with the Dutch ministry of Foreign Affairs and important corporate (global) networks and organizations who act globally (e.g. ACT Alliance and ACT EU, Partos, MVO Platform, VBDO/Human, etc.), in close cooperation with colleagues within the CSER department and the Civic Engagement Alliance;
- Contributes to knowledge development, strategic advice and knowledge sharing on the theme of responsible business;
- Initiates, develops, coordinates and manages value propositions and business development processes on selected topics, create opportunities for acquisition. Cooperates with Regional Offices in proposal writing.
Whom are we looking for
The Lobby and Policy Advisor:
- Is a solid discussion partner for government and political actors, donors and corporate partnerships and has a good sense for lobby, advocacy and fundraising opportunities;
- Has a master’s degree in a relevant specialism and at least 5 years of working experience on a strategic level in the field of Development Cooperation and in lobby. Is demonstrably able to translate important external global and Dutch developments to profound strategic advice to the organization;
- Has an entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills, is capable to extend current networks and develop new contacts in different branches and sectors;
- Has an extensive network inside and outside the NGO sector and in political The Hague and Brussels. We are looking for an all-round lobby and policy advisor, with a clear specialism in responsible business;
- Is able to ensure that knowledge within our decentralized organization is further developed and maintained at a high level;
- Is fluent in English, Dutch and preferably also in French or Spanish. The candidate is able to communicate complex issues in a brief and to-the-point manner;
- Is able to deal with (cultural) differences in order to play a bridging role between global stakeholders and the regional offices;
- Has affinity with the protestant character of the organization and is sensitive towards the various views on this issue in the ICCO Cooperation.
What we offer
We offer a challenging new position in a working area that is rapidly and constantly changing. The position is graded in salary scale 11 of the ICCO Terms of Employment (min. € 2.798 and max.
€ 4.520 gross salary per month, excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year allowance, based on a 36-hour work week. The Lobby and Policy Advisor will travel regularly to our Regional Offices. We expect the candidate to start around September 2018. A medical check will be part of the procedure.
Information and application
For further information, you can contact Huib Koeleman, Head of CSER a.i., tel. +31 (0) 6 42050273, or Elly Urban, Program Manager Civic Engagement Alliance, Elly.Urban@, tel. +31 (0) 6 83942855. icco-cooperation.org
Please e-mail your written application, including CV, to ICCO, HR Department, before the 2nd of July. The e-mail address is vacancies@, stating vacancy 2018-005. icco-cooperation.org