Internship (Project Assistant)
Beschrijving van de vacature
NpM, Platform for Inclusive Finance is a member platform for Dutch investors in the
worldwide inclusive finance sector. Together with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign
Affairs and our members, we are committed to expanding access to affordable
financial services worldwide. We believe in a clear link between financial inclusion
and development. Access to financial services offers people the possibility to improve
their living standards, which in turn reduces inequality. Inclusive finance can result in
poverty alleviation, job creation, food security, gender equality, and equitable growth.
It is our mission to increase the effectiveness of our members’ inclusive finance
investments and activities. Therefore, we promote effective partnerships to combine
efforts, and complement expertise and objectives. In addition, we support our
members’ in contributing to the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals
(SDGs) by 2030.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious intern to support the programme
manager with the Geodata for Inclusive Finance and Food (G4IFF) workstream. This
workstream focuses on the use of geospatial information to increase access to
financial services for smallholder farmers worldwide. To promote the use of geodata,
NpM organized the G4IFF Innovator’s Challenge for tech and FinTech companies in
2018. Participants were to develop geodata-based applications for FIs to facilitate the
financing of smallholder farmers in emerging economies.
We are looking for someone with an interest in microfinance/ inclusive finance
sector, excellent communication and organization skills. The internship will start in
September 2019 for the duration of 5 to 6 months.
What you will do:
- Coordinate and support the evaluation of the three winning pilots, who won the Innovator’s Challenge in 2018;
- Assist in organizing workshops and seminars for investors;
- Support the relationship management and communication with NpM members, AgTech and FinTech companies, and other partners;
- Draft messaging and update social media channels with relevant news;
- Assist in preparing presentations, layout and design of reports;
- Assist in various organizational and practical tasks for NpM.
What we ask from you:
- Interest in inclusive finance, SME Finance, rural/agri-business and/or a related topic;
- Enjoy working in dynamic, multi-cultural environments;
- A hands-on, pro-active mentality and ability to work independently;
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), understanding of Dutch is a plus;
- Excellent writing skills for communication purposes;
- IT skills (Office Package) and comfortable using social media (Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Enrolled at an educational institution, this is a must, and living in the Netherlands.
- Be part of a dynamic working environment;
- Meet/work with a variety of actors active in inclusive finance;
- Learn how to effectively communicate with various partners;
- Gain skills in project management with multiple stakeholders;
- Gain experience in organizing knowledge-based events;
- Gain insight in the Dutch inclusive finance sector that is represented by NpM;
- A monthly internship compensation of EUR 252,10 based on a 40-hour contract;
- Travel allowance.
Send your CV and a short letter of motivation to the NpM office at
info@. Applications will be taken into consideration inclusivefinanceplatform.nl
until the position is filled. We expect the intern to start in September 2019.
For more information on the vacancy, you can send an email to the above email
address. More general information about NpM and the Dutch inclusive finance
sector can also be found on our website: http://www.inclusivefinanceplatform.nl/home