Financial Officer Project Administration
Beschrijving van de vacature
Financial Officer Project Administration
About Wetlands International
Wetlands International is a worldwide, not-for-profit organisation with 60 years of experience. Our organisation is a Network made up of 20 offices working in over 100 countries, with outstanding technical staff around the world. Together with many partners, Wetlands International works to safeguard and restore wetlands for people and nature, to reconcile conflicts over water, reduce the risks and impacts of floods and droughts, meet future food needs and tackle climate change.
Overall purpose of the job
The Wetlands International Finance Officer Project Administration reports to the Business Controller. The jobholder is responsible for the project administration and the day to day operation of general financial processes related to the project administration and assists in the preparation of 4 MM, 8 MM and 12 MM financial and management reports. The Financial Officer will also assist the Business Controller in preparation of data for the annual accounts and audit process. The Financial Officer facilitates project audits resulting from donor requirements or the annual reporting process.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Responsible for the project administration for all major projects and assist where necessary on smaller projects and carry out the day to day operation of general financial processes related to the project administration.
- Responsible for timely and accurate project reporting to donors and accountant (when project audit is needed), according to requirements. Monitor project cash flow.
- Act as senior focal point regarding the project administration within the finance department.
- Act as contact point of Project Managers during the planning, operational and reporting phases. Generating timely and accurate information and reporting in cooperation with PM’s in agreement with reported project performance.
- Point of contact for consultants and subcontractors during operational and reporting phase; Reports from consultants and subcontractors are checked. Feedback is given directly or via PM’s. Monitor instalments.
- Assist in Preparing the 4 MM, 8 MM, 12 MM financial and management reporting package
- Support the BC in the headquarters budget process.
- Assist in the Preparation of the draft Foundation and Association annual accounts and the supporting data for the annual audit for the project administration.
- Point of contact for accountant for projects during interim and annual accounts audit; prepare project related audit files according to requirements and on due dates.
- Participate in contacts with partners and subcontractors.
- Regarding project of which you are the Financial Officer: represent Wetlands International finance in external project meeting.
The successful candidate will have a recognised financial qualification and some years of accounting experience in a project driven organisation, strong creative and problem-solving skills and an ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management. The candidate should also have an interest in international conservation and sustainable development.
Essential experience and skills
- Recognised professional accounting qualification.
- Experience of Dutch financial and statutory reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with fluent English.
- Experience of project accounting on major, multi-site projects.
- Working experience with AX, EXACT or similar financial accounting systems, and other management information systems relevant to the sector.
Preferred experience, networks and skills
- Additional language skills – particularly French, Dutch, Russian.
- Experience of working in an international multi-cultural community with multi-site organisations.
- Experience of accounting in developing countries.
- Active interest in current environment and development matters.
- Part-time job, 26 - 30 hours per week (Fulltime is 36 hours)
- Salary scale Gross FT 3.000 – 3.500
- Contract duration: 1-year contract with the intention of extension
- Location: Global Office in Ede- Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating your motivation and the skills that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume /CV by email to Jozefa.email@example.com. Documents must be in English, stated "Financial Officer” in the email subject line.
For more detailed information about the position, please contact Joost van der Knaap;
Email Joost.firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ++31 318-660145.
Deadline for the application: 1 March 2019 24:00, (Central European Summer Time).