Beschrijving van de vacature
Truvalu.startups is a global business accelerator that brings startups with disruptive innovations to market in emerging countries with a special focus on the agri-food sector.
It runs a successful seven-month program (partly online) to accelerate selected companies to the level at which they become attractive for impact investors. Currently programs run in Ghana, Uganda, Jordan and the Netherlands (FoodStars).
Truvalu.startups is part of the Truvalu.group, which is a holding company with subsidiaries that form an ecosystem to support small and growing agri-food businesses. Truvalu.group builds competitive, inclusive agri-food businesses and fair value chains in emerging markets for social impact and economic returns. Truvalu has a strong global partner network and pool of business development managers and coaches through its shareholders: ICCO Cooperation and Woord en Daad.
Truvalu.startups is looking for a director
About the position
As the executive director of Truvalu.startups you are part of the board and responsible for the execution of acceleration programs as well as the further development and international scaling. The current flexible team exists of seven driven and entrepreneurial people. Furthermore, you will be responsible for partnership management of current partnerships as well as fundraising through building new partnerships.
● Overall management of Truvalu.startups
● Management of the team
● Oversight on execution of acceleration programs
● Partnership management with investors, funders, shareholders
● New business development and sales
● Development and implementation of international scaling strategy
Whom are we looking for?
● At least 7 years of relevant working experience with startups/investments
● Preferably had your own startup
● Allrounder, not afraid to get his/her hands dirty
● Strong business acumen, skills to persuade and result-driven
● Sales skills and deal making ability
● Great project management skills
● Network within the impact investment sector
● Ability to work in international, multi-disciplinary teams of professionals
● Proactive, can-do attitude and creative
● Excellent communication skills in English
● Preferably have experience with (acceleration) program management
● Preferably affinity and network within the NGO sector
What do we offer?
Preferably we are looking for a director who is interested to take shares in Truvalu.startups. The position gives a lot of flexibility to further develop the company. You will be part of an inspiring team and working with innovative entrepreneurs.
We offer good terms of employment commensurate with a social enterprise. The remuneration will be partly based on a fixed salary and partly flexible through options in the company.
Partly based in The Hague at the New World Campus
Starting: June 2018 (4 to 5 days per week)
For more information about the job you can e-mail to: walter@ or call 030-6927811 truvalu-startup.com
How to apply:
Please send your motivation letter and CV before the 26th of April to: vacancies@ truvalu-group.com