Beschrijving van de vacature
The Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD) works to strengthen inclusive, democratic political systems worldwide. To that end, we work with the entire political sector in a country, from aspiring politicians to political leaders, and from national to local level. We firmly believe that politics should serve the citizens; without accountable and effective political governance, it will be hard to achieve peace, stability and prosperity for all.
Our approach is unique and characterized by dialogue: we bring actors from across the political spectrum together. We work on their knowledge and competences, and empower them to cooperate in a constructive manner on issues that affect them, their country as well as the broader region. Currently, we run programmes in more than 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, the MENA region and the Eastern European Neighbourhood.
NIMD’s main office is located in the political heart of the Netherlands, in The Hague. Here we have a strong and committed staff of around 25 people. At country level, we work with local partners, as country ownership is crucial for serious impact. Our culture is informal and open, and encourages initiative, professionalism and interaction. NIMD is politically impartial and driven by strong democratic values.
We are looking for a creative and energetic Communications Officer to join our communications team, which is currently two people.
- Produce and design attractive visuals and multimedia content including videos, Prezis and infographics.
- Apply NIMD style elements to external communications products.
- Contribute to NIMD’s internal communications platform – the Knowledge Hub by developing content and assisting with the maintenance.
- Working with the staff in conceptualizing and writing content (video, blogs, testimonials, stories, news articles). One of your specific tasks would be to keep the programme information on the website up-to-date and appealing.
- Support the implementation of the NIMD media strategy in relation to Dutch and international media outlets.Manage and build relationships with external media sources, together with the Communications Advisor.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Concrete experience in designing attractive and creative multimedia content, and knowledge of software packages for page formatting, image management, videos, and content preparation (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro or similar software).
- Proven experience in writing external communications materials such as news articles, press releases and blogs.
- Fluent in English (near-native speaker). Spanish and French are an advantage.
- Experience with the media.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Communications, Journalism or similar.
We offer a position for 32-38 hours at the NIMD head office in The Hague for one year.
How to apply
To apply please send your letter and CV to the Communications Advisor: anitaramharakh@ For further information and enquiries, you can contact her by phone: 0031 (0)6-46277893. nimd.org
Applicants must either be Dutch nationals, residents of another European Union member state or must have or be able to obtain swiftly a valid work permit for the European Union.
Independent communications consultants are also eligible for the position.