Beschrijving van de vacature
Max Foundation is looking for a Communications Manager (32-40 hours)
“Are you an expert in the field of marketing and communications? Can you mobilize different target groups with inspiring and relevant content? And do you fit our profile? Then we are looking for you!”
Driven by expanded leadership and a strategic growth direction, Max Foundation is looking for an out-going and ambitious Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager is responsible for managing all communication activities concerning the organization with the aim of positioning Max Foundation (both nationally and internationally) as an effective NGO whose mission is to save as many children’s lives as possible by providing them with a healthy start in life. The communication strategies will also contribute effectively to our fundraising goals. You’ll report directly to the Director of Partnerships and Business Development and will work closely together with her and the rest of the Max Team.
Responsibilities are: Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop, maintain and execute communication plans for the organization to various stakeholders / target audiences.
- Develop and effectively deploy communication tools such as websites, annual reports, newsletters, videos and other resources. Customize communication messages to the target groups and for various media, e.g. online channels.
- Responsible for public relations, generating publicity and handling the media.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the communications tools, to know which content works best for each target group and contributes to our branding and communications objectives.
- Give support to fundraising through marketing – communications, including promoting the organization, preparing materials, presentations, events, and other support, e.g. editing proposals.
- Provide a proactive, content driven marketing communication approach.
- Set up and implement an effective online marketing strategy (SEO, SEA and social media) to increase internet reach.
- Manage external parties such as agencies, designers, printers and find creative ways to keep costs low with quality outputs.
- Signal and analyse trends in the sector and proactively translate them into new opportunities, providing input for fundraising and program advocacy/policy influencing focus.
Profile of the ‘ideal candidate’
Education and experience
- Bachelor/University degree, with a minimum of five years’ work experience in marketing and communications;
- Experience in positioning and profiling organizations, and developing and implementing related Marketing and Communication strategies. In addition, relevant experience in the field of Public Relations (PR) and information;
- Proven experience in online marketing and an awareness of the latest trends and developments in this area.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in Dutch and English.
- Knowledge of and experience with different content Management systems and design software (Adobe Creative Suite, different content management systems and MailChimp is preferred.
- Works independently and safeguards deadlines.
- Affinity with the mission of Max Foundation.
- Ability to work in and with multicultural, international environments.
· Persuasive and driven.
- Proactive and customer-oriented (excellent in building and managing relationships).
- Can represent the organization externally.
- Creative in your writing and approaching our target groups.
- Innovative, always focussing on how we can improve and aware of the latest trends and developments in the market.
A great next step in your career as a communication professional. You will work closely in a small team of professionals, who all have their own expertise and work with heart and head to achieve maximum impact:” Saving as many children’s lives as possible”.
You’ll be coached by the director partnership and business development in this autonomous role.
Benefits are competitive and remuneration will be according to the “Regeling Beloning Goede Doelen Nederland”.
Are you the communications professional we seek, and are you interested in a challenging job in a dynamic organization? Then please sent us your resume with motivation in English, no later than September 30th, 2017 to email@example.com, regarding vacancy Communications Manager. For more information please see www.maxfoundation.nl or contact Kate Pearson, Director of Business Development, 06- 25204532.
Max Foundation is an ambitious and fast-growing Dutch based NGO, founded in 2005 by Steven and Joke Le Poole following the death of their son Max (8 months old) in 2004. Max Foundation believes that an entrepreneurial approach achieves the best results. In ten years’ time, Max Foundation has developed a successful, integrated WASH approach that has proven to achieve high impact in fighting child mortality. The political and economic landscape for the NGO sector is changing rapidly toward a more market driven and oriented approach, which is at the heart of the Max Foundation’s programs. To further build on its success the Board of Max Foundation has approved an ambitious acceleration program that aims to triple its impact, income and reach in the next 10 years.