Business Development Specialist
Beschrijving van de vacature
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social, financial & entrepreneurial education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula, for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and specific circumstances, and are implemented by over 300 partner organizations in 100+ countries, reaching 8.6 million children (2018).
Aflatoun programmes inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities, to play games and to solve problems. They learn how to save, how to budget and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their neighbourhoods.
Aflatoun has been recognized globally (Brookings and Harvard) for its high-impact, low-cost model, which has demonstrated to be effective in changing behaviors of its participants across the globe. By using a social franchise model, Aflatoun transfers curricular content, monitoring and evaluation tools, and training capacity to partner organizations, helping them to enhance their existing expertise and to create an efficient learning ecosystem. Aflatoun’s programmes follow an active-learning, participant-centered methodology, which combines social and financial education to transform the lives of their participants, educators, civil society organizations and other NGOs. Aflatoun International has been ranked at the 25th place in the NGO world TOP500 by Global Geneva, a non-profit platform.
Aflatoun has a multidisciplinary team of professionals. We are now looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Business Development Specialist to join us in our mission.
Aflatoun is increasingly working with the private sector. Aside from CSR, Aflatoun is especially focussing on companies that derive a direct (economic) value from a collaboration with Aflatoun. We are therefore looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Business Development Specialist. She/he will spearhead the development and implementation of a strategy of engagement with the private sector on innovative partnerships. The Business Development Specialist will report directly to the director Resource Mobilisation and Communications.
- Have a good understanding of the businesses' products and services and be able to advise others about them
- Outlining a set of engagement opportunities and methods that will connect private sector with Aflatoun’s mission
- Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Create a sales pipeline
- Mapping and monitoring of engagement with prospective corporate partners
- Collaborates on planning and project implementation focused on delivering winning commercial opportunities
- Identify promotional strategy and activities with the PR/Communications department supporting sales campaigns
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management
- Present the organization to various stakeholders during meetings and conferences
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Expert knowledge of the role of the private sector in the reduction of poverty and inequality
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for high level external representation (lobbying, presentations) and ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to understand external corporate drivers and implement internal strategies to achieve both Aflatoun’s and private sector partner goals
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work in a team characterized by diverse cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team with motivated, multicultural co-workers
- Self-driven with a high sense of creativity, quality, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines
- Fluency in oral and written English and preferably other languages
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally as required
Conditions of Employment
The position is for a fulltime workweek (40 hours). We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross monthly salary range of € 2769 and € 3614 (inclusive of health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions) - the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
Applications, accompanied by your CV and cover, can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Business Development Specialist Application’ in the subject, no later than 15th December 2019. Interviews will be planned in July.
If you have any specific questions on the position please contact the HR Assistant Chitra at email@example.com.