Anti-Corruption and Anti-Fraud Officer
Beschrijving van de vacature
Cordaid works to end poverty and exclusion. We do this in the world’s most fragile and conflict-affected areas. We engage communities to rebuild trust and resilience and increase people’s self-reliance. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. Cordaid is one of the leading Civil Society Organizations in the Netherlands, working in fragile contexts on Health, Resilience, Private Sector Development, Humanitarian Aid and Security & Justice, Economic empowerment and Food & Nutrition Security. Cordaid has over 1000 staff, working at Global Office in the Netherlands and in offices across the most fragile countries in the world.
Cordaid is looking for a
Anti-Corruption and Anti-Fraud Officer
36 hours based in the Hague
Cordaid uses the three lines of defense model. First line roles are most directly aligned with the delivery of projects and/or services to Cordaid partners, stakeholders and internal clients of Cordaid and include the roles of support functions. Second line roles provide assistance with managing risk. For example, providing expertise, support, monitoring and challenge on risk-related matters. The third line of defense is internal audit. Within the three lines of defense model, this is a second line of defense role.
This role reports to the CFO. The role owner will be a member of the Cordaid Integrity Committee.
What you do
- You develop and maintain an internal and external network of anti-corruption, anti-fraud and investigating experts across the geographical areas of Cordaid;
- You develop and share the investigating operating procedures, investigation manual and best practices;
- You develop an on-line e-learning curriculum for Cordaid staff to create awareness and being able to identify red flags;
- You are the principal case owner of any financial integrity cases for Cordaid as a group;
- You support country office directors in establishing a proactive, preventative set of controls to reduce the risk of fraud, corruption and anti-money laundering;
- You review with the country office directors the fraud, corruption and anti-money laundering risks at least once a year;
- You are the point of contact for the external, internal auditors and other regulatory bodies on the subject of Cordaid’s Anti-Fraud, Anti-Corruption and AML policies and practises;
- You deliver an annual report to the Cordaid Integrity Committee and Board.
Who you are
- You have a relevant university degree and post graduate audit/forensic qualifications or are qualified through experience;
- You demonstrate an exemplary level of integrity, confidentiality and independence;
- You are not afraid to stand-up and speak-up in the face of adversity or undue pressure;
- You have good influencing, networking and team building skills when not having line authority;
- You have good understanding, first hand on the ground experience in identifying and mitigating fraud, corruption and anti-money laundering risks in the geographical areas in which Cordaid operates;
- You have good knowledge of the fraud, corruption risks of the humanitarian sector;
- You have a solid understanding of financial accounting systems, internal controls and data analytics;
- You are willing to travel to Cordaid offices and program areas when required and possible;
- You have hands-on experience of managing cases, internal and external investigators and reporting the results in an unbiased and appropriate manner;
- You have experience in reporting to and working with board members and supervisory board members;
- You are fluent in English and have working knowledge of French.
What we offer
- a key position in a professional organization;
- a varied role where initiative is encouraged;
- a gross monthly salary of € 3539 up to € 5115 based on a 36-hour week (with holiday allowance and end of year bonus), depending on years of relevant experience;
- a global organization with a focus on fragile contexts to provide aid where it is needed the most;
- good working conditions;
- a position for 1 year with the possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.
Applications including a motivation letter and CV in English for the attention of Jan Kees den Bakker, Manager HR, including the contact details of references at the last two employers can be uploaded through our website:
For information on the content of the advertised position you may contact Hans Hupje through hans.hupje@ . cordaid.org
Your application must be received May 15, 2021 at the latest.
Cordaid is fully committed to a safe working environment and the highest integrity standards. To read more on our commitment to Integrity, click here: https://www.cordaid.org/en/who-we-are/integrity-and-code-of-conduct / An integrity screening will be part of this application procedure. Cordaid signed up to the IASC Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
An assessment and / or a presentation of a “case study” can be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about Cordaid, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org .
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.