Future of Migration & DevelopmentDatum: 24 september 2019
Future of Migration & Development - event
- When? 24-09-2019 / 13:30 - 17:00 hrs
- Where? Migratie Museum Den Haag, Hoge Zand 42, 2512 EM Den Haag
- Preparation? Different creative contributions to be found on OneWorld website.
- Subscribe below on this page!
Migration has become a hot topic in European societies. In the political and societal debate, migration and development cooperation are often associated and linked to each other. To suggest alternative perspectives and to propose more constructive narratives on the topic, Partos and OneWorld invited changemakers, NGOs, researchers, journalists, thinkers and artists from all over the world, to submit their innovative and creative ideas concerning the Future of Migration. Based on a number of selected submissions, Partos and OneWorld are organising, together with FMS and Cordaid, a special event on The Future of Migration & Development. This event is aimed at Partos’s member organisations and enriched by the contributions of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds. It is meant to share knowledge, inspire and elaborate new possible directions on migration and development cooperation. Join us to create cross-sectoral connections and contribute to this conversation.
13:30 hrs | Walk-in, meet & greet.
14:00 hrs | Welcome by moderator Bahram Sadeghi, introduction by Bart Romijn (Partos) & Seada Nourhussen (OneWorld), Poetry Contribution from Zuleika Sheik.
14:20 hrs | Plenary penal with Mpanzu Bamenga, Ton Dietz, Bob van Dillen and Milka Yemane on the future of migration and development cooperation. Which role and position can NGOs take on this topic and how to work constructively with stakeholders like diasporas and networks of migrants?
14:45 hrs | Creative contributions amongst others by Olave Nduwanje and Emma Parker.
15:05 hrs | Pitches about the themes of the 5 dialogue tables: Framing, Migrants in the lead, Circular migration, Hosting refugees in the region and Youth employment.
15:15 hrs | Break
15:30 hrs | Conversations in 5 dialogue tables
- Framing migration | Wilde Ganzen, OneWorld | Which stories, narratives and language do we want and need to use in our work and in our communication about migration & development?
- Migrants in the lead | Anila Noor, Qader Shafiq, Oxfam Novib | Migrants want to take the lead in discussions and solutions. How can we work constructively and what role can NGOs play?
- Circular migration | FMS | How can we ensure more circular migration and let it become safer and more humane? How can NGOs contribute to this?
- Hosting refugees in the region | Özge Bilgili, Cordaid | What can NGOs and governments learn from experiences in Rwanda, Curacao and Bonaire regarding hosting refugees in the region?
- Youth employment & migration | Civic Engagement Alliance | Can youth employment contribute to reducing forced migration?
16:25 hrs | Exploring & reflecting on the outcomes of the 5 dialogue tables. Where do we see possible solutions to the underlying challenges and what collaborations are needed?
16:45 hrs | Wrap up by Bart Romijn & Seada Nourhussen: How to continue?
16:55 hrs | Video contribution by spoken word artist Malique Mohamud.
17:00 hrs | Closure & drinks
This project receives financial support by the Development Education
and Awareness Raising programma (DEAR) from the European Union.
Click here for more information on this programme.